Sunday, March 12, 2006

Best Day Ever

Topsy-turvy was the order of the day. Several fantastic bits of news and events were tempered by one incredibly tragic story.

At church this morning I found out that my buddy Matt was finally released from the hospital. As I was leaving church I peeked in at the folks attending the 11:15, and saw that Matt had actually made it to church! I stayed through the service just so I could speak with him and tell him how excited I was to see him outside of a hospital room.

I was also gratified to learn that there is hope for the next generation. Admonishing one of the members of our treble choir, our choir director warned a young woman that she would wind up singing like Britney Spears if she didn't adjust her posture. A young boy, about ten years old, raised his hand and asked, very simply,

"Who's Britney Spears?"

Alleluias were widely exclaimed, Lent be damned.

Sadly there was a bit of terrible news that overshadowed these bits of good news. One of our parishioners lost her nephew and niece in a house fire, and another nephew is in critical condition in the burn unit.

Today humor and continuing life were intertwined with tragedy.

This is life, kids.

No comments: