Friday, January 13, 2006

Souvenir?


lvcap
Originally uploaded by ho73classic@sbcglobal.net.
There are some things that just defy good sense. This hat is one of those things.

I adore Louis Vuitton bags. Really, I do. I don't own one because, frankly, I'm not independently wealthy. Vuitton bags are not cheap, which is part of the reason they're status symbols. I've been to Louis Vuitton stores, I've perused their merchandise, I've even considered buying some very small pieces, although my desire to be able to pay my rent has always won out.

But not once in all those times did I think, "Gosh, maybe I could just buy a Louis Vuitton hat." Maybe I thought it would be an unsatisfactory substitute for a satchel or overnight bag. Perhaps I realized that I don't, in general, look good in hats.

Or maybe I realized that a Louis Vuitton hat just looks stupid.

What's next? Tiffany's lapel pins? Prada shoe laces?

No comments: