Thursday, February 22, 2007

I Look Really Good for My Age

I decided to throw some fresh paint on the old blog since I'm shaking things up a bit. The first thing I did was upgrade to the "new" Blogger that is linked to my Gmail account. I guess it offers all sorts of new features and whoopdee-doo things (the details can be found here), and eventually as I have time (ha) I'll explore them and see just how big a waste of time they all are. Figuring I'd start small and then get progressively more daring, I thought it might be nice to try a new template. Certainly with the "new" Blogger there might be, oh, I don't know, new templates?

Apparently not.

Indeed, the same old templates that were around the last time I upgraded are still around. One day maybe I'll become proficient enough at web design to make my own template. For now, I've decided to choose something that fulfills the criterion of being different than what I had. We'll see how long it takes for me to grow bored with it.

Before I upgraded, I was warned that changes I'd made in my original template might be lost. I figured, no problem, I can always get those back. Sure enough, when I previewed the new page some things had been retained and others lost. And, yes, I was able to replace everything that was lost. When I checked out my profile, however, I was a bit taken aback by what I had lost there -- namely 217 years:


Yes, my friends, according to my profile, I'm 250 years old. But check out the picture -- I mean, am I holding up well or what?

I'm not sure how that happened, really. I assume it was a glitch with the upgrade to the "new" Blogger. Just to ease my mind, I think I'll call Satan, just to make sure I haven't forgotten about some pact I might have signed several years ago . . .

Tomorrow is the first weight update! I hope you're excited! Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go and make sure that I don't have any American flags tucked away that have only 13 stars and labels that say, "From the Workshop of Betsy Ross."

No comments: