Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Tidbits from My Day

Today was a wringer of a day. Got to work at 10:30, left at 10:40. I spent most of the day recovering from 3 separate yet convergent examples of GTI (gross technical incompetence) on my part. Fortunately I'm almost completely back on track, so I think the rest of the week will be a little better.

I finally got to the gym today after about a 1 week hiatus. With all the holiday noshes I've been scarfing I really need these trips to the gym to prevent holiday bloat. Whenever I have these periods of inactivity, I forget how good going to the gym makes me feel. I also forget how friggin' tired it makes me. But it's a good tired.

(The fact that I'm writing this blog just after midnite seems to belie the tired, but I really am.)

The sidewalks along Wentworth Ave were finally cleaned off for my walk home from the train. This is nice (it's only been 5 days since the last snowfall), but there's another mother of a storm coming tonight to dump 5 inches of snow on the freshly clean sidewalks. I guess it will be Sunday before the sidewalks are passable again.

On a more positive note, I was very pleased with many of the Golden Globe nods this morning. I'm so excited about Brokeback Mountain -- it may be the movie that allows me to forgive Heath Ledger for The Order. And my most favoritest actress, Ms. Felicity Huffman, got nods both for Desperate Housewives and for Transamerica. (For those of you who don't know, I have been deeply in love with Ms. Felicity Huffman since Sports Night. Plus she's married to the adorable William H. Macy, which only adds to her allure.)

Seeing as I've now been awake for about 18 hours, I think it's time to stop blogging, close the laptop, and crawl into bed for what I hope will be several hours of uninterrupted sleep. If there happens to be an erogenous dream snuck in there, so much the better.

No comments: